Tips for Atlanta Online n00bs
1. You need not beware of strangers with gifts. There are no strings attached even if someone wants to give you a gear or gold. AO offers an XP reward based on the gold value of the gift for anyone level 30+ who sends a gift to beginners under level 30.Nevertheless, a simple thanks is always great.
2. You can always purchase items needed for quests from the Market, unless the item is specifically a quest drop, in which case it will have a letter Q on the icon.
An example is the Basic Training quest from Master Goh which requires you to get him 10 pieces of Rough Leather. Don’t mind the quest’s text that says you can get them from the nearby deer. The Market has pretty much everything for you to buy and will even save you some time and effort.
3. In other games, the Market is also known as an Auction House. However, there’s also an Auction in the game that functions like a real auction. Don’t get confused. If an item says it can’t be auctioned, it can still be placed on the market for you to sell.
4. Pay attention to Notes. Everything can be found there, from tips on defeating monsters to email notifications. So, if the note icon is flashing, you should always check out what it has to say.
5. Make your Mentor work. If you accept an offer from a player asking to be your Mentor, don’t forget to put that person through his paces. Mentors receive 200,000 gold once you reach level 30. The good ones will give you aid such as knowledge, monster info, craft info, and even gifts. Some will even give most, if not all, of the 200k to you. If you happen to get a lousy one, you can always get rid of him from the Mentorship menu.